Thursday 21 February 2013

Classy KD!


That's right! This is my version of Kraft Dinner with CLASS. I came up with this odd combination in the kitchen, and it  surprisingly was a huge hit in my home. 

 I am the type of person who enjoys trying new things in my kitchen. Most things turn out okay, some things go straight to the dog dish, and then there are those rare occasions, where even I am shocked at what I've created! If you like Kraft Dinner, try this spin on it! 



What you will need!
  • 1 Box Jumbo Pasta Shells.
  • 1 Box KD. (If you're ambitious you can add home made mac and cheese)
  • 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
  • 1 Can Of Beans
  • Baby Spinach 
  • Brown Sugar
  • Olive Oil

    *PREHEAT OVEN TO 400*

    First cook the jumbo pasta shells according to the box, at the same time cook your KD noodles.

    While you wait for them to cook, rip up half a bag of baby spinach into small pieces, they don't have to look pretty, as they are hardly seen! I used my hands for this step, but you could chop too!

    In a large bowl; Mix together your jar of pasta sauce, with a can of beans. Add in 3 table spoons of brown sugar. Toss in your ripped spinach and mix well. This mixture will be used to stuff the jumbo pasta shells. Along with the KD!

    Drain both the jumbo shells, and the KD. Rinse your jumbo shells with cool water.

    Use some olive oil to grease a cake pan.

    Mix KD following box directions, and add to your bean, sauce, brown sugar, spinach mix.

    With a teaspoon, scoop your mixture, and fill into your jumbo shells.

    Once you have filled all your shells, pour whatever remaining sauce you have left over your shells. Place in the oven for roughly 30 minutes, or until bubbling.

    Enjoy! :)

    In my home I cook for two boys! My boyfriend Chris, (who luckily for me, will try almost anything,) and his son Damian. Damian is twenty two months of age, and takes after his daddy when it comes to food, he has been a GREAT eater for us! One of his favourites is Kraft Dinner, Damian is very independent, and KD isn't exactly easy for him to eat on his own. (He doesn't want my help, he wants to be a big boy!) This was a great way for him to eat on his own, as you can easily pick up the shells! He was very pleased with the turn out, as you can see!



Let me know if you try this in your home! I would love to know what your family thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment